What's new

Inclusion of AiMesh web GUI from ZenWifi?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Simon W

Regular Contributor
I stumbled across the attached just now (while Googling for something entirely different!) - an updated AiMesh GUI that's included within the Asus ZenWifi firmware - something I think everyone who uses AiMesh on their routers will agree is missing.. the current AiMesh config feels like an afterthought with more information / better presented on even the phone app!

Could this be a candidate to be incorporated into @RMerlin firmware? I believe similar has been done with the Wi-Fi Radar feature (ie. taken a function exclusive to a certain models firmware for use by all)?

On the one hand I'd like to think Asus themselves would make this move in due course, after all they have been very much pushing AiMesh as a technology that re-uses what their customers already has (cleverly encouraging a brand lock-in as opposed to switching to another mesh-first system), that said they do sometimes keep certain features locked to certain models/range as a false USP. <sigh>

I'm certain AiMesh usage is only going to increase as more Asus users upgrade and their 'old' router and find themselves with an AiMesh-compatible node to use with its replacement (and yes I'm still bitter my old RT-AC3200 workhorse isn't compatible!).

Attachments

• ZenWiFi-AC-CT8-Web-UI.jpg
    ZenWiFi-AC-CT8-Web-UI.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
A complete guess, but as the ZenWifi models run on the 386 branch I assume its a feature that will come to other models in due coarse.

Good point/spot!

Similar to my other thread.. I look forward to Asus developers getting some releases out!! :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!