1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Incompetent staff: My comments are being deleted without explanation & Forum speeds unusable

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by jarmka, Jun 24, 2018.

1. jarmka

jarmka Occasional Visitor

Connection speeds are nearly unusable; It can take 15 minutes to post a single comment. Many of my connection attempts to sub forum's are being redirected to https://www.snbforums.com/ My latest comment exposing a major Wifi bug in the latest Merlin Firmware was deleted, presumably by staff members. Whoever it is won't even allow me to report bugs? What kind of forum is this? What a joke. I've never seen a more incompetent staff running a forum. Please seriously consider hiring competent staff who care about their users.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

You posted in the official 384.5 release thread to complain about an unreleased, pre-beta 384.6 alpha build. I deleted your post as being off-topic to that thread.

As for forums performance, check your own network/ISP first. Forum speed is working fine for the rest of us.

4. Jack Yaz

Jack Yaz Very Senior Member

Or the "speed enhancing, privacy guaranteeing" blocking scripts that they've "developed" and run on their router.

ColinTaylor likes this.
  5. jarmka

Woops sorry my brother, ok then, I live and learn. There were and still are other posts regarding the alpha, albeit no bug reports, but point taken, thank you for clearing that up for me and please accept my apologies if you were offended in anyway. As for the forum speeds, this is the only website throttled and it only occurs when logged in, logged out speeds are normal. ISP cannot distinguish due to https encryption.

Here is a video;

6. jarmka

Looks like this is a server side feature for preventing spam/ddos, severely restricting connection attempts but also breaking many in the process, requiring that I click and wait multiple times before a connection goes through.... my focus is souly on serving others with the best information I can and to learn and help others. Please look into this for me because the website is practically unusable.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!