What's new

Insatlled one version of Merlin but another version number showing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rumboogy

Occasional Visitor
I upgraded a RT-AC1900P from 384.11 to 384.11_2. But after the firmware upgrade the version is still shown as being 384.11. Any thoughts?

I upgraded a RT-AC1900P from 384.11 to 384.11_2. But after the firmware upgrade the version is still shown as being 384.11. Any thoughts?
You need to try again after removing any USB drives and rebooting before you flash.

I don't have any USB drives and I did the upgrade after powering on the router. I can try power cycling again and re-upgrading.

I don't have any USB drives and I did the upgrade after powering on the router. I can try power cycling again and re-upgrading.
Make sure you didn’t upload an extra, old version of 384.11 that was still left in your Downloads folder. :)

It took installing it three times to get it to stick. Very unclear why this would be the case.

It took installing it three times to get it to stick. Very unclear why this would be the case.

Try TAB: Admin / System / Format JFFS partition at next boot , set to YES and APPLY on Bottom of Screen and Reboot.

I noticed for my RT 86 that even without the USB plugged in I have to reboot the router for the new firmware to take. So I reboot, upload firmware, then it sticks.

I seem to remember L&LD mentioning this sort of behaviour and it’s probably why, in his guide, he wrote:

“Flash new firmware (and in some cases, re-flash the existing firmware if any random, unexplained glitches are still causing issues).”

The one part of the story I left out was that I was switching back to the AC68 router (after junking my AC86). I did not restart the ATT gateway - I just unplugged the AC86 and re-plugged the AC68. Then I proceeded to try to update the firmware with two failures. After rebooting everything and re-flashing the firmware I had success.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!