What's new

installed advancedtomato for the first time (on n66u) ...bittorrent client not connecting to tracker

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yipee Kaiyay

Occasional Visitor
everything seems to be working fine but i can't seem to get the built-in torrent client to connect to the tracker.
I am using the router as a wireless ethernet bridge.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

https://advancedtomato.com/faq#support-build

My work is based on Tomato By Shibby who is the one releasing router support and most Tomato related updates. Please address questions related to the way router works, missing software, bugs and issues to Shibby. He is the one with enough knowledge to help you further.

Which says to me " use my forked 3rd party firmware if you want but if your router turns to crap I don't care and have no idea how to fix it " ........ reason enough to stay well away.

Last edited:
asuswrt merlin kept crashing my router. it worked for a while but then it started acting weird.

I'm finding that the Tomato firmware is even faster on Samba transfers . I'm using a USB drive to store files and it's way faster than Asuswrt merlin firmware.

Anyways, I was able to fix it by installing entware-ng and running the
opkg install transmission-web command.

If anybody needs detailed information on this, let me know.

https://advancedtomato.com/faq#support-build

Which says to me " use my forked 3rd party firmware if you want but if your router turns to crap I don't care and have no idea how to fix it " ........ reason enough to stay well away.

Good you found a solution .

Merlin stopped supporting that model some time ago.

The following models are no longer officially supported:

• RT-N16
  • RT-N66U
  • RT-AC66U
  • RT-AC56U