What's new

Installing my own cable vs. paying Comcast to do it

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

balemama

New Around Here
Hi!
I have no idea about any of this cable talk but I am diving in and looking for help!

My husband and I are building a home in rural WA state and Comcast wants $66,660 (!!!!) for a 'cost share' to hook us up...

If someone can direct me to where I should post about the possibility of diy cable laying, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Andrea

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!
I have no idea about any of this cable talk but I am diving in and looking for help!

My husband and I are building a home in rural WA state and Comcast wants $66,660 (!!!!) for a 'cost share' to hook us up...

If someone can direct me to where I should post about the possibility of diy cable laying, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Andrea
It happens.
DIY? I don't think so. Do you know the distance from your house to ISP(a nearest device or a pole)? The pole should have internet devices like repeater, booster something.

Last edited:
Hi!

Thanks, Andrea

A Comcast technician has replied to your post.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!