What's new

Intel 5300 client performance bump

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cmyth

New Around Here
Tim,

Could you take a guess at the throughput enhancement an AP/Router gets from testing with the Intel 5300 3x3 client? I understand that before you switched to this standard client you used a different client in each test, however I'm hoping that you did an unpublished comparison before switching over.

Looking at your "Wireless Charts" it appears that the the equipment you recently reviewed has done very well. How much of this would you say has to do with the higher performance client?

Thanks

I think the difference varies from product to product. I suspect, but haven't confirmed that most of the help is in locations E and F. In other words, I think the Intel 5300 provides a bit more throughput at those weak signal locations. I don't think there is any gain in maximum throughput.

The selection criteria that led me to the Intel 5300 are here.

You have a good suggestion about running an before and after test. Maybe once I get the time! :)

I looked at the WRT610N and the WRT320N in the wireless charts area and although the test unit radios are not identical, it seems reasonable to conclude that in addition to better 2.4GHz performance at location E and F, location D also benefits significantly from the Intel 5300 in both bands.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!