What's new

Intel 7260 - odd connection on chromebook

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sfx2000

Part of the Furniture
This one is weird - see below - one side of the link is 11ac, but the other is 11n (5GHz) - AP is WRT1900acV2, client is Chromebook (CrOS 67 on stable channel)

ProTIP - network_diag --wifi from the CrOS Shell gives quite a bit of useful info)

Code:
iw dev wlan0 station dump:
Station c0:56:27:##:##:## (on wlan0)
       inactive time:  740 ms
       rx bytes:       406689340
       rx packets:     179415
       tx bytes:       9952309
       tx packets:     91663
       tx retries:     4385
       tx failed:      0
       beacon loss:    0
       signal:         -67 [-69, -67] dBm
       signal avg:     -68 [-69, -68] dBm
       tx bitrate:     650.0 MBit/s VHT-MCS 7 80MHz short GI VHT-NSS 2
       rx bitrate:     81.0 MBit/s MCS 10 40MHz
       authorized:     yes
       authenticated:  yes
       associated:     yes
       preamble:       long
       WMM/WME:        yes
       MFP:            no
       TDLS peer:      no
       DTIM period:    1
       beacon interval:100
       short preamble: yes
       short slot time:yes
       connected time: 518 seconds

I have an Intel 7260AC wireless card in my laptop. I have a 390/390 Mbps connection to my Cisco WAP371 AP. What should the rate be? I did add the Intel 7260AC card to this laptop as it had a slower card to start. I am viewing my network properties under Win10.

I have an Intel 7260AC wireless card in my laptop. I have a 390/390 Mbps connection to my Cisco WAP371 AP. What should the rate be? I did add the Intel 7260AC card to this laptop as it had a slower card to start. I am viewing my network properties under Win10.

Under Windows - not sure - I try to be a Windows_Free zone as much as I can, and the one Winbox is wired...

I just thought it was interesting that under Linux (which ChromeOS is), that the Intel 7260AC actually split the standards between the uplink and downlink - 11ac assumes a balanced link between the up and downlinks. Note that the card wasn't splitting bands, just specs on the same channel.

Not sure how that applies back to your insight with Windows there - other than with WiFi, the WHQL has limited reporting back to the userland.