What's new

Intel 9260 Adapter Can't Connect To RT-AX86S Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HarryMuscle

Anyone else not able to use an Intel wireless adapter (Intel 9260 in my case) to connect over WiFi-AC to a RT-AX86S router? The only way to get the adapter to connect is to change the adapter properties to only use WiFi-N. Even if I set "802.11ax / WiFi 6 mode" to disabled I still can't connect unless the Intel adapter is set to only Use WiFi-N. This is with all WiFi settings set to their default values on the router.

I'm running Windows 10 and am using the latest drivers from Intel but it will either tell me it can't connect to the network, or will connect, get an IP, maybe send a ping or two, and then in the Even Viewer it will tell me that the "adapter is not functioning properly" and it gets reset.

Thanks,
Harry

Edit: After more testing it seems the issue is related to channel width. If I set the router to 20MHz or 40MHz channel width on the 5GHz frequency, my Intel 9260 adapter is able to connect using WiFi-AC without any issues, even with "802.11ax / WiFi 6 mode" enabled. However, as soon as I set it to 80MHz I get the above issues. Obviously that's not ideal since it limits my bandwidth ... so I'm still wondering if anyone knows how to fix this.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!