What's new

Intel AC-7265 and Asus rt-ax88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mteicher

Regular Contributor
So with great enthusiasm upon receiving said Asus router ver a1.1 today I proceeded to set it up. Not much changes from defaults except MAC filtering, SSID names, most recent ASUS firmware. All looked great until my laptop with said Intel adapter with latest proset drivers could not see either of the 2 ssids. Disabling ax mode resolved that issue for both channels. Connecting to the 2.4 GHz channel works. However trying to connect to the 5GHz always fails, "cannot connect to this network" . Got a hold of ASUS on the phone and went through some iterations with them to no avail. In the end the nice gentleman just said return the router and get a different model. :(

I am curious if any of you here had/have this issue and if so were you able to resolve it.

Greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Egg on face.. Dang I did not input the 5GHz Mac addresses to allow...

Last edited:
So with great enthusiasm upon receiving said Asus router ver a1.1 today I proceeded to set it up. Not much changes from defaults except MAC filtering, SSID names, most recent ASUS firmware. All looked great until my laptop with said Intel adapter with latest proset drivers could not see either of the 2 ssids. Disabling ax mode resolved that issue for both channels. Connecting to the 2.4 GHz channel works. However trying to connect to the 5GHz always fails, "cannot connect to this network" . Got a hold of ASUS on the phone and went through some iterations with them to no avail. In the end the nice gentleman just said return the router and get a different model. :(

I am curious if any of you here had/have this issue and if so were you able to resolve it.

Greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Egg on face.. Dang I did not input the 5GHz Mac addresses to allow...

Funky, ASUS now has a workaround for this

If you look at the AX setting in the router, it actually links a FAQ that goes to that URL.

But it was your response regarding turning AX off that was a quicker resolve for me for the time being as I have no AX devices currently.

-MW

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!