What's new

Intel AX200 and RT-AX88U only 1.2 Gbps link speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sanke1

I have the above Intel m.2 card which I installed in my MSI X299 Carbon ac motherboard. I installed the latest December 2019 driver from Intel website but the link rate is just 1.2 Gbps with barely 10 ft separation between Router and PC. Any setting I need to be aware of to get full 2.4 Gbps link rate?

Use the last version of the driver, 25 something. Version 26 runs rubbish on both my AC9260 160mhz and ax200 cards. Get the full rate on on the older driver.
Also, make sure 160mhz is enabled on the router.

One driver tweak, the ax200 and ac cards run faster with UAPSD enabled in the driver settings.

See how you get on with that.

160 Mhz was already enabled on the router but wireless log showed my AX200 connecting only on 80Mhz channel bandwidth. BTW I am running driver version 21.60.2.1 dated 15th Dec 2019. But anyway, I solved this issue by manually changing my 5Ghz channel to 48. Previously it was on 36 and if we use that channel, 160Mhz channel bandwidth is not enabled. I am sure there might be reasons for it but Asus GUI does not make that clear anywhere.

Now connecting at full 2.4 Gbps. So small surgery which I performed on my motherboard by replacing old Intel ac m.2 card with Intel AX200 did not go in vain.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!