What's new

INTEL® WIRELESS-AC 9260/9560 Code 10 error (driver/hardware/bios failure)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

aSmallWorld

Occasional Visitor
Hey folks,

Yesterday I happened to experience my wireless 9560 AC Card to literally stop working and disappearing from the network panel, while I was playing PUBG. No more wireless, so no more wirelesss internet, so I got instantly dc'ed from the PUBG game that i was going to win...

After a few troubleshoot, it appeared that the wireless card was still recognized by windows's device manager but it could not be started, saying "error code 10" and pointing at a faulty driver.

First step was to deactivate the card, uninstall it, then perform a clean driver install with the latest version. Rebooted, but still, the card could not be started. A bit annoying, and a bit annoyed I was.

2nd step was to switch on LAN to regain internet access. Once done, I headed over on google search to understand what was this specific code 10 error. Google told me it could be either a faulty driver, either a dead hardware. Computer was 3 months new, bit bit bit annoyed I was. (actually, I hate when something's not working)

3rd step was to check if this issue was well documented on SNBforums. Then, nothing. Bit bit bit bit bit annoyed I was. Then Google told me Intel had a recent thread where this issue was happening and started since around 1 month. (first reports started around August)

If you happen to experience this problem, let me go straight to the solution. Neither the driver or windows are guilty. It seems, somehow, and wierdly, that the bios happens to fail... And the only thing to solve this malfuctionning wifi card is to reset the bios.

This issue is happening for 9260/9560 wifi cards, on different bios, and on different computers. If you guys have any idea why and how this is happening ?

Odd can't say I've heard of anything like this. I've had mine since I think late Jan or Feb it replaced a 8265ac in my Dell 7577. Was yours an upgrade or did it come directly with your laptop? Closest thing I have heard is some weird issues with some MSI laptops having bios issues with certain WiFi cards causing connectivity and WiFi sleep/wake issues that required an update from MSI....

Did come directly with laptop. Here's the thread where people are talking about the issue with those cards : https://communities.intel.com/thread/125474

Acer NITRO, Asus ROG and MSI, 3 different computers, with different motherboards and bios. Intel tech just replied, hinting at a bios issue but still, that's very weird because

1) my bios is up to date
2) it worked just fine for 3 months.
3) I changed nothing to the bios (implying parameters should be the same after the "reset", so I don't even get how this solves the problem)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!