What's new

Intercom with smartphone and automatic gate integration

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Marcin26

New Around Here
I'm looking for the best solution for my parents home (moderately priced). They live at the village in eastern/middle Europe. They have good internet connection but weak telephone network signal. At first, they wanted video intercom, that can be integrated with automatic gate and security cameras. I wanted to give them online access to video recording from the intercom, but now they are thinking if this is also possible to open the automatic gate/small fence gate from a smartphone when they are not at home.

I'm new to smart homes, but I'm good with electrical assembly/have basic knowledge about networking, so I wanted to do this by myself. I don't want to use wireless solutions if this is possible.

I wanted to start, by buying some intercom with app from china and add to this touchscreen, but there is too many possibilities, so I'm writing this post. Maybe you can help me and give some advice.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!