What's new

Interferance

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bsholbrook

New Around Here
Ugh!!!

I've been operating with aimesh and smart connect for about a week now but have had an extremely annoying issue for the last week with a single wifi client. The closest Asus router in the mesh would continually disconnect and reconnect our smart garage door opener based on roaming assists measured signal strength. I couldn't imaging how or why a 2.4ghz signal would haven issues over a 20 feet span through a single drywall wall, it made no sense. Asus support wanted me to turn a whole bunch of functionality off, and I was certain there was something more going on. Well low and behold tonight I want to kick myself!!! I went out to the garage put the ladder under the opener to check its antenna, which looked fine. Standing on the ladder and pondering the situation it dawns on me... this is an aluminum ladder directly on the other side of the wall from the router and in-between the garage opener. So I move the ladder and tada..... 2.4ghz solid signal.

I seem to run into goofiness like this with far too many projects, I can only hope this is the culprit and that the router can now send out a 360 degree signal now.

Hopefully a lesson to someone else out there.... Metal and Wifi don't mix!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!