What's new

Internal Asus AX86U speed test drops significantly after a few hours unless I reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Marcus Yansen

Occasional Visitor
As titled says and show in screenshot, the internal asus speed test dips significantly [mainly the download it seems], until I reboot at which point it goes back to where it should be. So problem is solved by reboot, until I need to reboot again. What could be the problem?
My internet: Cable fiber internet --> GPON Module --> Media Fiber converter --> Asus AX86U (Firmware Version: 386.7_2 Merlin)

If it is the ethernet cable, why does a reboot solve it?

screen.png

Edit: It has not happened again, so let's consider it resolved - I am going to assume this was an ISP-side issue. I will update this thread if it happens again.

Last edited:
The router should show you the WAN connection bandwidth. See system status. If using the 388 codebase firmware you may need to use the Asus phone app.

The router should show you the WAN connection bandwidth. See system status. If using the 388 codebase firmware you may need to use the Asus phone app.
Sorry, is this what you mean?
screen#.png

I am actually thinking my isp is doing something like maintenance on their end, so a reset helps fix it somehow by renewing the ip or lease..something of the sort

It has not happened again, so let's considered it resolved - I am going to assume this was an ISP-side issue. I will update this thread if it happens again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!