What's new

Internet speed drop curve following the cache hit %

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lordtech

Occasional Visitor
Hey guys,

I am having a continual internet speed drop after I reboot the router. I was doing some checking and then I realized that this trending drop is following the increase of the Cache Hit % (unbound). Please see below the graph:

1619019875708.png

Has anyone seen this behavior before? Is there anything I can do to avoid a hard reset?
I am now uninstalling the unbound script and see if the script is the reason for the odd behavior

The speed graph is from the WAN interface, and the red dotted line represents the reboot

I have also 2 VPNs and the speed graphs do not follow the same trend. See attached one of them:

1619020107658.png

There doesn't appear to be any correlation shown in the speed vs cache graphs other than at the points when you rebooted the router. The curves do not track each other.

Sadly I cannot do the math since I cannot pull out the unbound data. It seems to me that there is a negative correlation (the speed value decreases as the other one increases). Maybe the correlation is less than 0.5 or maybe greater than 0.5. But this is only a statistical approach and it may not make sense since both scripts may no related to each other in any way in the router ecosystem (to be honest, I do not know).

Anyway, I uninstalled the unbound script. I will wait till tomorrow to see if the internet speed is having the same decrease trend as previous days after a reboot.

It seems to me that there is a negative correlation (the speed value decreases as the other one increases).
I don't see a direct correlation myself. The hit rate curve looks about what you'd expect as the cache fills up regardless of any other factors. If there is a correlation I think it's more indirect. Maybe just free memory in general rather than Unbound specifically.

aaaaa.png

I don't see a direct correlation myself. The hit rate curve looks about what you'd expect as the cache fills up regardless of any other factors. If there is a correlation I think it's more indirect. Maybe just free memory in general rather than Unbound specifically.

View attachment 33349
Hi @ColinTaylor, just to confirm that this problem is not related to Unbound. I removed it and after that my router kept this behavior....

Now, why my router starts to lose speed as the hours go by... so odd

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!