What's new

Internet speed on QoS menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

javo

Occasional Visitor
Hello, I have a TUF Gaming AX-5400 and before Asus posted the first 388 fw for my router, I had Asus-Merlin-Gnuton fw, because I wanted to experience the wireguard vpn over the openvpn one. When I had the Gnuton, and checked on the graphic menu of Internet Speed, that feature gave me the speed I got after I applied any vpn, so it gave me a real output of the vpn speed to my devices.

After Asus posted the 388 firmware with wireguard support, I removed the gnuton one to install the official asus one, and it is the one I have been using since, (3.0.0.4.388_22525), however in this firmware when I checked Internet Speed, it always shows me the speed from my isp to my router, even I have vpn wireguard connections up, so it is not a good measurement of the speed my devices are getting.

Is there a way to change the internet speed from isp to router to, from router to devices?

I asked because even I have my isp throughput of 250Mbs, with wireguard on, I have less than 100Mbs according to speedtest.net.

Any recomendations?

Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!