Internet Traffic Widget

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

KJThaDon

New Around Here
Is there a way to grab the Internet Traffic statistics and put them in a widget of some sort on Windows?

Want to monitor my network bandwidth throughout all devices.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 25

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
You need to run something other than a consumer router to see those stats, without also affecting the stats or the performance of the router too.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture

vango44

Occasional Visitor
You could just open the status page in a separate window, change page zoom level to what you want and move it where you want on your desktop.
Not as cool as a real widget but here's the bottom right corner of my PC:

Capture.JPG

Trip

Very Senior Member
Depending on what model Asus you're running, you might be able to flash an alternate firmware that allows for a bit deeper level of bandwidth reporting, such as FreshTomato or OpenWRT.

If you want more detailed reporting akin to a UTM/NGFW type device, I'd suggest setting up a small x86 box such as a Qotom appliance (example) and installing Untangle on it, which will give you by far the most granular reporting capabilities. You could then re-purpose your Asus as just a wireless access point by resetting it and running it in "AP" mode only.