What's new

IOS 17 update brings ads on Diversion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That did it! (Did not work just turning off private wifi address, but turning off Limit IP Address Tracking also did the trick).
Awesome!
That’s strange: my iPhone is set to On ie it is limiting IP address tracking. Looking at other Apple devices in the house, (all on iOS 17.1.1), it’s clear that this is a default wifi setting. (I didn’t even know this setting existed.) Strange thing is, I haven’t noticed any problems with ads bypassing Diversion on Apple devices. This setting hides the “IP address from known trackers in Mail and Safari”, but you were, no doubt, seeing this in any browser you were using. I even ran a test in Safari, after some hesitation, on that dodgy-sounding website you mentioned cardgames.io.

Whatever’s going on, it’s good that Diversion is now able to get on with its (superb) job.

Last edited:
That did it! (Did not work just turning off private wifi address, but turning off Limit IP Address Tracking also did the trick).
Awesome!
That’s odd. Disabling Private Wi-Fi address on all devices is a must, but I haven’t had any issues with Diversion working properly leaving Limit IP Address Tracking on.

IMG_0725.jpeg

IMG_0726.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0725.jpeg
    IMG_0725.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 9
Awesome!
Perfect! Just remember you've to do this to every iOS 17.x or newer device and every SSID (if you've others).
If you ever Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network you've to toggle it off again as well.

Its a pain when I used diversion but it happens on my NextDNS setup too (anything adblocking ig).