What's new

iOS devices won't connect to R7800 (dd-wrt)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Steve1985

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I hope someone here can help me.

Both iOS devices (iPad/iPhone with iOS 10.2) can't connect to my R7800 with Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31120M kongat (01/10/17) anymore.

They keep asking for the password even if i give it in correctly. The encryption is set to WPA2 AES.

The 2.4ghz band has no issues at all. But with 5ghz the iphone/ipad cannot connect whatever i try. My iMac had the same issue but after a router reboot that seems to be fixed now.

Any advice?

Hi,

I hope someone here can help me.

Both iOS devices (iPad/iPhone with iOS 10.2) can't connect to my R7800 with Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31120M kongat (01/10/17) anymore.

They keep asking for the password even if i give it in correctly. The encryption is set to WPA2 AES.

The 2.4ghz band has no issues at all. But with 5ghz the iphone/ipad cannot connect whatever i try. My iMac had the same issue but after a router reboot that seems to be fixed now.

Any advice?
I had a similar issue with that build, but I got it working by setting 2.4 band to "Auto". On 5.0 I set it manually to channel 149(congested 5.0 band). Might want to try to change your 20-40 settings to see if it helps. If your using 80 they may not be able to connect.
I had many problems with DD-Wrt so I went back to stock.
I am testing voxel's firmware now. It is very fast and seems quite stable at this point!
I had a hardware problem with my 7800 which was very promptly replaced by NG support. I was using a R7000 till my 7800 got replaced, but when I put the 7800 back on, it increased my speed tremendously.

Last edited: