What's new

iOS/Mac - XWRT-Vortex - Wifi connecting issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Przem

New Around Here
Hi!
I have R7000 flashed with latest XWRT-Vortex (380.68_2, NVRAM cleaned - fresh install).
I have also installed YA-Malware-Blocker, also I am using RaspberryPi3 with Pihole installed as adblock.
Everything is OK, except that my MBPro and iOS device does not connect automatically to router. When I choose my Wifi network, it first refuses password (saved), and than reconnects, after a while.
I have beamforming disabled on R7000, I am using static IP's.
The only solution I have found was disabling beamforming which I allready done, nothing changed.
The same thing is happening on 5GHz and on 2,4Ghz (two different SSID's).
Please help, this issue is very unconvienient for me and my family.

P.

The license requires that Vortex release the code to the public , he refuses to do so thereby breaking the license requirements.

As the code can't be inspected it could potentially contain anything.

the issue people don't realise is that, because of people like XWRT-Vortex, asus is closing up shop on their firmware and lcoking it down hard.
@Przem netgear stock firmware or ddwrt is safer to use than vortex, who knows what modifications hes made under the hood, I consider it a security risk since hes breaking the gpl, for all you know your router could be compromised, keep in mind I'm just speculating.