1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

iOS Shortcuts app

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by HuskyHerder, Nov 9, 2018.

1. HuskyHerder

HuskyHerder Regular Contributor

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018 at 11:13 PM
    ourcontact and loveleeyoungae like this.
  2. ourcontact

ourcontact Occasional Visitor

Hey, great job decoding my (sparse) description!

Each Radio uses a different BSSID so you can identify the access point and if you are 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz

So I use this shortcut to verify which access point my device has connected to and what radio, this is helpful to identify where devices drop off one AP and switch to another, if I have 5Ghz dead spots, etc.

No, before someone says something, not everything in the dictionary shown is on at the same time, or even in the same house...

Attached Files:

HuskyHerder likes this.
  3. HuskyHerder

BSSID

So, I was trolling around the forums and found a post by another user where he created a connected BSSID look up tool. I set out to bring it to life for myself. I thought, I would share my version.
    Any creative credit goes to @ourcontact for the BSSID shortcut. I simply built on his description, for my own use.

Notes:
    1. BSSID only displayed, no defined name ? Check the AP's MAC address.
    2. Manually enter your AP/Node MAC addresses in the define section, and a friendly name.
    3. WiFi MAC address needs to be used.
    4. Error about could not define? .....

a. You have likely moved the "Dictionary" portion this happened to me a lot while trying to edit the entries. To fix it, move the "Dictionary" section back to the location in the screen shots.
    5. To add AP's simply use the "+" and choose text entry.

Tested: 2 nodes, 2 AP's, 3 router bands, & 2 guest wifi.

v.9

Initial version.
    No longer
    available, replaced by a better version.

v 1.0
    More tweaks, specifically to the dictionary list, added a null MAC id, with a value of disconnected. Instead of getting those nags/warnings of couldn't get dictionary...Shortcut now says "disconnected" and no nags/warnings. ;)
    * MAC must be in lower case. thanks @LimJK

IMG_416C9D6C395C-1.png IMG_690D3062FEED-1.jpeg IMG_1B82474AB769-1.jpeg IMG_C1B83FEFC577-1.png IMG_0BDE926DA949-1.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018 at 12:17 AM
    ourcontact likes this.
  4. LimJK

LimJK Regular Contributor

HuskyHerder,
    Thank you, I normally use WiFiAnalyser where I need to remember a part of each of my the BSSID ... I got 7 to remember:(
    I just tried what your shared, Like it :) don't have to remember my BSSID(s) now.
    However, I found that the Mac Addresses in the Dictionary need to be in "lower case" for the Hex number, for it to work
    Thanks.

HuskyHerder likes this.
  5. citrixscu

citrixscu New Around Here

Man that is really cool. Thanks!

6. HuskyHerder

I changed the name of the topic for anyone following along. One of the new shortcuts, I have been working on is similar but different enough to warrant making the name broader in scope.

7. HuskyHerder

Restart

Restart your Router/AP/Node by choosing it from a list set by you.

Requires :
    1. SSH enabled, please use LAN only: We don't want to get into the discussion opening it up to the WAN. Use a VPN if you need access.
    2. "Allow Password Login" in the admin preferences.
    3. Static IP's for AP's/Node's either in GUI or via DHCP reservation.

Notes:
    1. ssh key passphrase, seems doable.

2. *Password and user name are stored in the shortcut as part of the iOS keychain. * I was prompted to save my details.
    * Although, I have not tested it, you should be able to put the variable "Ask when run" in the user and password field, for manual entry each time the shortcut is ran.

Edit : Works perfectly with "Ask when run" variable set

3. Works on MERLIN and Stock. AFICT.
    4. Exact Spelling is important across the dictionary and the list or you will not get a mismatch and an error running the workflow. Watch out for trailing spaces in the dictionary and or the list.

* It may be possible to restart the wireless system.
    https://www.snbforums.com/threads/start-stop-guest-wifi-ssh.17636/#post-123770
    I have not tested it nor have I used it. Usually, if I am having issues a simple restart of the entire AP is warranted IMO.

IMG_0574.png IMG_0575.png IMG_0576.jpeg IMG_0578.jpeg IMG_0580.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018 at 12:53 AM