What's new

IP cameras wifi issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sg1

New Around Here
Hi

Have two cameras (ucam247) and suddenly I am having connections problems with both camera. They connect via wifi 2.4 ghz. Can't ping them.. They do not appear in the network map however they appear in the wireless log (flag _S__AU_). Running them for years no issue. Didn't change any settings on both router or camera. Sometimes I get the connection back by stopping and starting the wifi on the router.
Running 382.2

Any ideas?

Hi

Have two cameras (ucam247) and suddenly I am having connections problems with both camera. They connect via wifi 2.4 ghz. Can't ping them.. They do not appear in the network map however they appear in the wireless log (flag _S__AU_). Running them for years no issue. Didn't change any settings on both router or camera. Sometimes I get the connection back by stopping and starting the wifi on the router.
Running 382.2

Any ideas?
I know this sounds crazy but go to the wireless tab and 2.4 settings (not professional) go to bottom and click apply this will reset things and your wireless 2.4 will choose a different channel. Let me know if this works as I just had the same problem and it fixed it.

I know this sounds crazy but go to the wireless tab and 2.4 settings (not professional) go to bottom and click apply this will reset things and your wireless 2.4 will choose a different channel. Let me know if this works as I just had the same problem and it fixed it.

I tried that already, move the frequency 20/40 channel, b/g protection etc no joy..... never seen something like this.... :) only the two devices from the same mfg are having a problem. Even more strange is that cameras do not show up in network map but they show up in connections logs, you can't ping the cameras or access web interface on cameras. (port 81 and 82). However the cameras keep sending motion emails alerts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It seems that they can connect to the internet but not to the internal network???

I tried that already, move the frequency 20/40 channel, b/g protection etc no joy..... never seen something like this.... :) only the two devices from the same mfg are having a problem. Even more strange is that cameras do not show up in network map but they show up in connections logs, you can't ping the cameras or access web interface on cameras. (port 81 and 82). However the cameras keep sending motion emails alerts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It seems that they can connect to the internet but not to the internal network???
Look at the email header, you should see the IP address it was sending from.
Maybe the found a hidden wifi, the neighbours maybe?

Look at the email header, you should see the IP address it was sending from.
Maybe the found a hidden wifi, the neighbours maybe?

no open networks around, all secured networks.... IP address on the header is from my ISP (which I also use the smtp server to send emails). Doesn't make any sense what is happening. See log where the two camera show up .19 and .20

Attachments

• connections.png
    connections.png
    227 KB · Views: 443
Try using a channel that isn't 12 or 13.

It is strange though... it's like they're connecting to a guest SSID that has "access intranet" disabled, except that the connection flags say otherwise.

Try using a channel that isn't 12 or 13.

It is strange though... it's like they're connecting to a guest SSID that has "access intranet" disabled, except that the connection flags say otherwise.

Tried most of the channels same story but sometimes I get the connection back for 15-20 minutes and then it goes again only on these two cameras. Tried also both static and DHCP same story. Tried to change port from 81 to 8100 no joy. Also one of the cameras is recording fine on the USB drive attached to the router. Very strange. Tried also to access the cameras using an app on the phone no joy.

Noticed a lot of messages in log, related to wl0.0 (10-20 entries per minute) it is not linked to the cameras as I am getting it also when all cameras are off. Unless it is my laptop it looks like a router interface? what is this wl0.0?

Jan 13 18:28:52 kernel: CONSOLE: 030331.918 ampdu_dbg: again1 ifsstat 0x1ea0 nav_stat 0x0
Jan 13 18:28:52 kernel: CONSOLE: 030331.918 ampdu_dbg: again2 ifsstat 0x18a0 nav_stat 0x0
Jan 13 18:28:52 kernel: CONSOLE: 030331.918 wl0: wlc_ampdu_watchdog: cleaning up ini tid 0 due to no progress for 2 secs tx_in_transit 1
Jan 13 18:28:52 kernel: CONSOLE: 030331.919 wl0: wlc_ampdu_tx_send_delba: tid 0 initiator 1 reason 39
Jan 13 18:28:52 kernel: CONSOLE: 030332.460 wl0.0: wlc_send_bar: seq 0xb52 tid 0
Jan 13 18:28:54 kernel: CONSOLE: 030334.536 wl0.0: wlc_send_bar: seq 0xc19 tid 0
Jan 13 18:28:54 kernel: CONSOLE: 030334.740 wl0.0: wlc_send_bar: seq 0xb91 tid 0
Jan 13 18:28:54 kernel: CONSOLE: 030334.802 wl0.0: wlc_send_bar: seq 0xb91 tid 0
Jan 13 18:28:55 kernel: CONSOLE: 030334.860 wl0.0: wlc_send_bar: seq 0xb91 tid 0
Jan 13 18:28:55 kernel: CONSOLE: 030335.554 wl0.0: wlc_send_bar: seq 0x34b tid 0
Jan 13 18:28:56 kernel: CONSOLE: 030336.077 wl0.0: wlc_send_bar: seq 0x34b tid 0

What router model are you running? Those messages were previously reported for the RT-AC88U and appear to be debugging messages that were accidentally left on.

wl0.0 usually refers to the first guest network on the 2.4GHz band. Which again suggests that you have the guest network turned on. Perhaps some setting got screwed up somewhere. Try turning on the 2.4GHz guest network, giving it a different password and then turning it off again.

CORRECTION: It is wl0.1, wl0.2 and wl0.3 that are usually the guest 2.4GHz networks. I don't know what wl0.0 is, presumably the primary network. I guess they must have changed the interface names in 382 because in the past it would have been eth1.

Last edited:
Yes AC88U turned off guest network no joy..... actually the recording on the nas its no good it records but keeps interrupting. Factory reset of the router is the only option I giuess