What's new

IP Pool is being byspassed by Aimesh node?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

washburn

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys, I have an ac68u as mesh router, 2 ac59u v2 mesh nodes and a TP-Link AP. I've set the IP pool to 192.168.2-199 on the ac68u but some devices are still assigned above 199. I tried manually setting IP addresses but it doesn't work. I've set the TP-Link as guest network to handle 192.168.1.200-254 so I can limit the bandwidth. I also tried bandwidth limiter on the the AP but it doesn't work. So if my own devices connect on aimesh and given IP above 199 the limiter kicks in. I need some advice. TIA!

Attachments

• DHCP1.png
    DHCP1.png
    215.2 KB · Views: 90
  • DHCP2.png
    DHCP2.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 93
  • DHCP3.JPG
    DHCP3.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 87
Hi guys, I have an ac68u as mesh router, 2 ac59u v2 mesh nodes and a TP-Link AP. I've set the IP pool to 192.168.2-199 on the ac68u but some devices are still assigned above 199. I tried manually setting IP addresses but it doesn't work. I've set the TP-Link as guest network to handle 192.168.1.200-254 so I can limit the bandwidth. I also tried bandwidth limiter on the the AP but it doesn't work. So if my own devices connect on aimesh and given IP above 199 the limiter kicks in. I need some advice. TIA!

If the TP-Link is a wired AP, I'm wondering why it is assigning IP addresses.

OE

Is the TP-Link in Router Mode or AP Mode?

OE
It is in AP mode. I cant use it as a repeater because there is no guest mode. I wish that they'd implemented aimesh 2.0 on the ac59uv2.

Attachments

• DHCP4.png
    DHCP4.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 65
  • DHCP5.JPG
    DHCP5.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 92
I've set the TP-Link as guest network to handle 192.168.1.200-254 so I can limit the bandwidth.

Does the TP-Link in AP Mode broadcast its own guest WLAN using its own DHCP server?

OE

Does the TP-Link in AP Mode broadcast its own guest WLAN using its own DHCP server?

OE
Yes, I just checked it just now, it's bypassing static IP assignment on main router and assigning new IPs. AP has no limiter on guest network. If I disable DHCP on AP, how can I limit bandwith of users connected on AP? Driving me mad. Thanks @OzarkEdge for replying.

Yes, I just checked it just now, it's bypassing static IP assignment on main router and assigning new IPs. AP has no limiter on guest network. If I disable DHCP on AP, how can I limit bandwith of users connected on AP? Driving me mad. Thanks @OzarkEdge for replying.

I have never bothered using my RT-AC86U QoS, but I notice it offers per client bandwidth limiting. Maybe same is available on your AC68U.

1613842590199.png

OE

I have never bothered using my RT-AC86U QoS, but I notice it offers per client bandwidth limiting. Maybe same is available on your AC68U.

View attachment 31005

OE
I've tried this and it doesn't work on the AP. Users connected on guest network still get full bandwidth, I have to manually add each new device connecting to it. Hey thanks man. I need to rethink this.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!