What's new

IP6in4 stopped after the latest update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MRizkBV

Occasional Visitor
I just noticed that I am not able to access any IPv6 only sites since the latest update to RT-AC56R. I haven't changed anything and I have tried to re-setup IP6in4 from HE (tunnelbroker) again but it doesn't work at all. Devices are getting IPv6 addresses but cannot ping or tracert any IPv6 sites (says unknown host).

Router > System log > IPv6 shows nothing under the IPv6 client list.

Before the update Xbox was reporting connection through both IPv4 and IPv6 too, now it only shows IPv4.

I'm running the latest bios version on an AC68 with HE Tunnel Broker and it's working great (using Google IPV6 DNS and it's even showing DNSSEC support). Perhaps your ISP changed your ip4 address. Hollywood loves static addresses to track people down, but the ISPs occasionally allow a shift. Happened to me not long ago after a big storm passed through, and I had to go back and edit the tunnel parameters at the HE site.

My HE tunnel is working fine here.

I'm running the latest bios version on an AC68 with HE Tunnel Broker and it's working great (using Google IPV6 DNS and it's even showing DNSSEC support). Perhaps your ISP changed your ip4 address. Hollywood loves static addresses to track people down, but the ISPs occasionally allow a shift. Happened to me not long ago after a big storm passed through, and I had to go back and edit the tunnel parameters at the HE site.

I have a static IP so that is not it. Any idea if there is a way to see a log for this feature or figure out what's wrong with it somehow? Thanks.

Disabling IPv6 firewall and re-enabling it fixed it. Something was definitely wrong with the router itself (I did restart it at least twice before doing this)