What's new

iPhone cannot connect to the main XT8 device, only secondary XT8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

carbocation

New Around Here
I have a pair of XT8s configured with AIMesh. Because of my apartment configuration, all of my devices are usually on the secondary XT8 (not the primary one that is wired in). This works great for my needs. However, if I enter the room containing the primary XT8, my iPhone cannot connect to WiFi, and it informs me that I have the wrong password. I have double checked the password settings, forgotten/re-added the network, and nothing seems to allow me to connect to the primary XT8. This is true whether I try 2.4ghz or 5ghz. (The wireless backhaul is 5-2). Any suggestions? Edit: both XT8 routers are on the latest firmware ( 3.0.0.4.386_25790-gd414187 ).

Something very similar happens to me. about once a week on all devices in network. The main router will stop brodcasting, the node will be blinking blue , but be broadcasting. When trying to connect i get that same wrong password message on my Galaxy S20+. Rebooting the main router resolves the issue for about another week.

Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.386_25790

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!