What's new

IPSec server and web UI stop responding

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Robin

New Around Here
Hi folks,

I've got Asuswrt-Merlin 384.8_2 running on an RT-AC88U, and it is mostly fantastic - it does pretty much everything I want, quickly and reliably. However, there is one bug that seems to affect it sporadically (but often enough to be a problem) - once in a while I'll be out and about wanting to connect to my IPSec VPN, and it will fail to respond (regardless of what client I'm using - definitely something at the server end). Without fail, when I get home and go to the web UI to see what's going on... the web UI also stops responding (usually after I've attempted to look at the VPN server settings, of course). I can still get into the router via SSH at this point. A router reboot (either with a power cycle or from the command line) gets everything back to normal, but it would be really nice if there were a way to keep the IPSec server running more reliably (and prevent the web UI hanging as well).

Any thoughts?