What's new

IPTraffic Compatible Routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HoopsRsa

Occasional Visitor
I purchased a RT-AC86U, and only discovered after I tried to enable IPTraffic, that it is not supported.

@RMerlin - Is it not possible in the ABOUT page to put "No IPTraffic support" after the router name to prevent other people making the same mistake in the future.

I have returned the RT-AC86U, and am looking for a more powerful router to replace my RT-AC66u. Which router would you recommend (that supports IPTraffic)

RT-AC5300 supports IP Traffic monitoring -

My RT-AC66U_B1 has an option "Enable IPTraffic (per IP monitoring)" if this is what you are looking for. I am running Merlin firmware 384.12 alpha1

My RT-AC66U_B1 has an option "Enable IPTraffic (per IP monitoring)" if this is what you are looking for. I am running Merlin firmware 384.12 alpha1

That is correct. It seems the newer routers have dropped this feature, so I want to make sure I order the correct model.

I purchased a RT-AC86U, and only discovered after I tried to enable IPTraffic, that it is not supported.

@RMerlin - Is it not possible in the ABOUT page to put "No IPTraffic support" after the router name to prevent other people making the same mistake in the future.

I have returned the RT-AC86U, and am looking for a more powerful router to replace my RT-AC66u. Which router would you recommend (that supports IPTraffic)

It's already documented on the Wiki. I don't want to repeat the same information on 4 different locations.

Asuswrt-Merlin can track the traffic generated by each individual IP on your network. This option is called IPTraffic. This feature is only available on older models, as it's not compatible with the kernel used by the RT-AC86U and newer models.

It's already documented on the Wiki. I don't want to repeat the same information on 4 different locations.

Fair enough, however to be clear, are the routers on the list in the About section listed in order of release?

Fair enough, however to be clear, are the routers on the list in the About section listed in order of release?

Right now they are, but it's not guaranteed to always be the case.

Right now they are, but it's not guaranteed to always be the case.

Which router would you recommend (that supports IPTraffic).

Which router would you recommend (that supports IPTraffic).

Depends on your needs. The RT-AC66U_B1 is the best purchase in terms of features vs price for the average home user. The RT-AC3100 is more up-to-date and more powerful, but notably more expensive.

Depends on your needs. The RT-AC66U_B1 is the best purchase in terms of features vs price for the average home user. The RT-AC3100 is more up-to-date and more powerful, but notably more expensive.

Thank you, will have a look at them.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!