What's new

IPTV ISP Profile

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NetUser12

New Around Here
Hi guys!

I'm looking into the AC68U as my next router but I've a question, does the Merlin firmware have the IPTV ISP profile for "MEO"?

I know that the official firmware had this profile since 2016 but on the actual demoui from ASUS that profile is gone...

Can someone confirm?

Many thanks! ;)

Hi guys!

I'm looking into the AC68U as my next router but I've a question, does the Merlin firmware have the IPTV ISP profile for "MEO"?

I know that the official firmware had this profile since 2016 but on the actual demoui from ASUS that profile is gone...

Can someone confirm?

Many thanks! ;)
If it's actually called MIO then it's on the list with a lan1 and lan2 configuration.

Hi guys!

Can someone confirm?

Many thanks! ;)
It's actually called Singtel-Mio.

No, it was called "MEO". It's a Portuguese ISP (meo.pt).

Singtel-Mio is from Singapure.

I can't imagine why ASUS removed it from their firmware...

No, it was called "MEO". It's a Portuguese ISP (meo.pt).

Singtel-Mio is from Singapure.

I can't imagine why ASUS removed it from their firmware...
There is a manual option, so if you know the config needed then you can set it up that way, do a little research and you should be able to find the info you need.

The thing is: if there was a profile in the firmware, why they deleted it? The profile was hardcoded into the firmware.
Maybe it didn't work well and they dropped support? If that's the case, even the manual config wouldn't help.

I've heard that if I want to replace the ISP router and keep the IPTV working I should go for something enterprise grade like a Cisco, because the ASUS one doesn't work well with IPTV.

IPTV support of my firmware will be identical to that of the corresponding stock firmware. Part of it is closed source (including the generation of the list of supported profiles), and part of it relies on Broadcom documentation I don't have access to.

IPTV support of my firmware will be identical to that of the corresponding stock firmware. Part of it is closed source (including the generation of the list of supported profiles), and part of it relies on Broadcom documentation I don't have access to.

Right, but can you check if your firmware for the AC68U have the "MEO" profile?

I don't have a AC68U yet, I didn't buy it because I saw that this profile disappeared from the demoui that ASUS has available on the web.

Right, but can you check if your firmware for the AC68U have the "MEO" profile?

I don't have a AC68U yet, I didn't buy it because I saw that this profile disappeared from the demoui that ASUS has available on the web.

The Meo profile does appear in the provider list on my RT-AC68U running 384.13.

upload_2019-8-22_16-46-27.png

I suspect it might be missing only from the newer router platform, since it doesn't appear on my RT-AX88U for instance. I can no longer check what determines if the profile is available or not since that portion of the code is now closed source.