What's new

IPTV VLAN Config

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Klaus

New Around Here
Hello,

long time lurker here, finally decided to register on this amazing forum.

I get a 100/20 fiber connection and IPTV from my ISP. IPTV uses VLAN 3999, while Internet is untagged.

TV Box uses both VLANs. Internet for channel logos and EPG, VLAN 3999 for multicast.
The options in the routers GUI under LAN -> IPTV never worked for me, so I started tinkering with robocfg commands.

I ended up with:
Code:
robocfg vlan 3999 ports "0t 1t 3t 4t 5t"

0 = WAN
1-4 = LAN
5 = CPU

This I have under "firewall-start" in /jffs/scripts/.

Is the robocfg command I have made ok? A tutorial says to use "0t 5t", another one suggests to tag just WAN and have CPU untagged with all other ports off.

There's a ton of iptables rules in other tutorials. Am I ok using just the robocfg command?

This works ok for the 2 TV Boxes connected on ports 3 and 4, aswell as my PC (on port 1) with Intel Ethernet with 2 VLANs.

The problem started when I tried setting up UDPxy so I could watch IPTV on other devices without VLANs.
All the tutorials I found use another firmware and don't explain what the commands do.

Anyone know how to configure UDPxy when the multicast packets are coming from a VLAN?

P.S.: The router is an Asus RT-AC68U running latest stable by merlin (384.3).