What's new

IPv6 access & reservation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pbpb

New Around Here
Hello,

I have new ASUS RT-AC68U router with last version of asuswrt-merlin.

I try to access router's web interface over IPv6 but without success. Supports asuswrt-merlin access to web gui over IPv6?

I have static IPv6 range from my ISP and I prefer short IPv6 form. It is possible with any way to setup DHCPv6 for IPv6 address reservation based on client's DUID?

This is very important for me because I haven't public IPv4, I have only public IPv6 and I need access to router management and some services from internet.

Thanks for any suggestion/help.

Firmware malfunction

I did little more investigation and found this:

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Custom-config-files
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/blob/34b5933112d7164b68add63fee63f007a0569309/release/src/router/dnsmasq/dnsmasq.conf.example (line 281)

I try to add line "dhcp-host=id:00:01:00:01:16:d2:83:fc:92:d4:19:e2:d8:b2, fred, [1234::5]" with my client settings to file "/jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add" as is described in documentation but it is not working. Line was added to "/tmp/etc/dnsmasq.conf" after router restart but my client doesn't get defined IPv6.

Any ideas? Thanks.

DHCPv6 is disabled for dnsmasq in the current build, which means that the ipv6 addressing for your lan is handled by a combination of services including: radvd, dhcpds(?), and rdnssd. All dnsmasq will do is provide dns services as it is currently compiled in Merlin's 376.45 build.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk