What's new

ipv6 and ATT WiFi Calling not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Speedy99

New Around Here
Every new ASUS firmware upgrade is an adventure. I am running a somewhat standard setup. 3 nodes (mesh), all RT-AC68U - one node hard wired and one node wireless. After the latest firmware update (3.0.0.4.384_45717) I noticed my ATT Wifi Calling wasn't working anymore. After a little experimentation, I found that if I disable IPv6 on the ASUS router, I get my WiFi calling back. I've seen similar WiFI calling issues before (ASUS seems to be very good and re-introducing previously fixed bugs), but wondered if anyone else has advice on other things to try. I don't have to enable IPv6 for anything specifically, but I do need WiFi calling working. I have not experimented enough to know if the IPv6/WiFi calling issue only happens when I am connected to a "remote" mesh node and not the primary router. I also use Adaptive QoS Manual Setting to make sure buffer bloat stays reasonable for my VoIP calls. (This was broken too for a while, but now seems fixed in the latest firmware update.) Nothing else out of the ordinary from what I can tell.

Ideas or workarounds? (other than going back to the firmware that was almost a year old...)

Thanks!

I am using the latest Merlin firmware on mine with ipv6 turned on and everything is working. (I have ATT too)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!