What's new

IPV6 on Dual Wan?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kashif Tasneem

Regular Contributor
Hi. I am using Dual WAN with Failover on my GT-AX11000. My primary WAN is IPV4 only but secondary WAN supports IPV6.

Currently when I connect to secondary WAN through my router, it does not show IPV6 as it is disabled on my router. If I connect to my ISP modem directly, I get IPV6.

Can I somehow enable IPV6 on my router so that I get IPV6 when I am connected to secondary WAN? My secondary WAN is setup with Automatic IP. So, I enabled IPV6 on my router and set it to Passthrough but nothing happens.

Thank you.

I am using Dual WAN with Failover on my GT-AX11000

I don't know about IPv6, but you perhaps have set Dual WAN with failover in GUI only. I've never seen reliably working failover/failback on WAN + LAN connection on an Asus router, unless you physically unplug the Ethernet cables. If you lose Internet connection to your primary WAN, the router may or may not failover, then may or may not failback on primary WAN connection restored. This process takes unusually long time, if it works at all.

I don't know about IPv6, but you perhaps have set Dual WAN with failover in GUI only. I've never seen reliably working failover/failback on WAN + LAN connection on an Asus router, unless you physically unplug the Ethernet cables. If you lose Internet connection to your primary WAN, the router may or may not failover, then may or may not failback on primary WAN connection restored. This process takes unusually long time, if it works at all.
I haven’t had any problems with switchovers. It switches to secondary WAN and back to primary without any problem.