What's new

IPV6 RT-N66U with -40 Merlin F/W

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gapmn

Regular Contributor
I currently have the RT-N66U (Router Mode, handling the PPPoe and IPV6 connections) with the Merlin -40 F/W installed. I am looking to buy a second RT-N66U (install the -40 F/W) and run it in "Media Bridge Mode."

I will have 2 PC's hardwired to the RT-N66U in Media Bridge.

My only concern is that I need the Media Bridged RT-N66U to pass IPV6 through to my two PC's. Will that happen? If so, are there any special settings that have to be done to "either of the RT-N66U's ??

Okay...I wasted to much time on this issue. Best I can tell, repeaters and bridges have a difficult time at best of allowing IPV6 pass through. I decided to just get two USB-N13 adapters. They are cheap, fast, easy to use and work perfect with IPV6. Problem solved.

Thanks BlackRoc,

I wanted a method that was quick and easy (no programming involved). Thus, I plugged in the 2 USB-N13's, selected my wifi, and all is good (including my IPV6).