What's new

Is a flash drive required to install add-ons?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

usuario74

Occasional Visitor
Hello,
I am back searching this forum after 5 years (when I bought ASUS RT-AC3200 and installed Merlin).
5 days ago I bought an RT-AX86U to upgrade. First thing I installed latest Merlin. Now I want to set it up as I had the AC3200. Diversion, Skynet, YazFi, Entware, Rtorrent,...
I went to install amtm and found out it is already preinstalled. Nice. Maybe I have forgotten since it has been few years. But wasn't a flash drive required to install the add-ons?
Has something changed?
I was planning to use a flash drive. Also if someone could please point me to a thread that explains how to install the flash drive and format, etc..
I will later figure out how to export the url I added manually to Diversion blacklist from the older router to the new one. And also the DHCP static reservations.
Thank you.

1. Is it a good idea to clone the flash drive I was using on the RT-AC3200 to use on the new router or better to start from scratch?
Or can I at least copy some files?

2. I am right if I guess pre installed amtm is sitting on the JFFS partition in the router? Reading threads on the JFFS partition at the moment. Many are quite old.

I just noticed it says I am new around here. I think I had to create a new account in the past because I lost the 2fa at some point to my older one. :-(

1. No.

2. Yes, once you run it.

Remember, amtm is 'just' a script (that happens to be officially baked into the firmware).

I just noticed it says I am new around here. I think I had to create a new account in the past because I lost the 2fa at some point to my older one. :-(

Don't worry, whether you are new or part of the furniture here, you will be treated with open arms and helpful answers, depending on everyone's abilities. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!