What's new

Is a solution for port-forwarding < 1024 coming for the RT-AC66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi,

I already tried this, but my Windows Server 2012 Essentials still complains that my portforwarding for port 443 isn't setup, so my guess is that the nvram isn't changed by the script I use WinSCP to do this.

Is there any other way of applying the script?

Br,
CBW1976

Hi,

I already tried this, but my Windows Server 2012 Essentials still complains that my portforwarding for port 443 isn't setup, so my guess is that the nvram isn't changed by the script I use WinSCP to do this.

Is there any other way of applying the script?

Br,
CBW1976

This is not a script, this is a series of commands you have to run one after another, either through telnet, SSH, or the Run Cmd webpage.

Code:
nvram set upnp_min_port_int=1
nvram set upnp_max_port_int=65535
nvram set upnp_min_port_ext=1
nvram set upnp_max_port_ext=65535
nvram commit
reboot

Do you use aicloud?

I turned aicloud off, in the GUI, and I am able to forward any ports.

I did not need to run any command line commands.

This includes 443 for https.

Port 443 is a different issue. You need to make sure AiCloud isn't enabled since it uses port 443.

AiCloud port can be changed from here http://192.168.1.1/Advanced_AiDisk_webdav.asp but I don't use it anymore, dunno if will work ok with another port.

2r5f78p.png

RMerlin is correct. I enabled Telnet access to my router, and ran those commands via Telnet in.

I also have AiCloud disabled. I'd like to play with it, but until ASUS officially makes the AiCloud port changeable (which on a $200 router, should have happened out of the gate --it's an enthusiast-class device for heaven's sake), it's unlikely I'll be doing that. I have other options to perform some of the same functions, like Server 2012's Anywhere Access.

Do you use aicloud?

I turned aicloud off, in the GUI, and I am able to forward any ports.

I did not need to run any command line commands.

This includes 443 for https.

Did you manually forward port 443 or via UPnP? The problem is Server 2012 Essentials Wizard is unable to forward the ports. I did run the telnet commands as suggested in another thread and then it worked. I'm assuming AICloud is off by default because it was already off unless I'm missing something.

Did you manually forward port 443 or via UPnP? The problem is Server 2012 Essentials Wizard is unable to forward the ports. I did run the telnet commands as suggested in another thread and then it worked. I'm assuming AICloud is off by default because it was already off unless I'm missing something.

Hi,

sorry for the late reply.
I tried both; manually forwarding of 80 and 443, and also via UPnP. The results are the same; no forwarding seems to be done.
I also ran the commands through telnet. AIClous is set to off. I'm running the ASUSWRT-Merlin 3.0.0.4.270.24.

Is there any other settings that might block to forwarding?
Are there any telnet commands to verify that the port forwarding is set correctly?

Br,
Christian