What's new

amtm is amtm installable via entware // Asus-WRT

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dhendodong

Occasional Visitor
Hi can amtm be installed on regular asus wrt firmware via entware? or the vnet stat atleast, unfurtunately my router is an ax89x and merlin does not support it.

i just need the vnetstat which is a very great help because the built in traffic analyzer is not that good.

Hi can amtm be installed on regular asus wrt firmware via entware? or the vnet stat atleast, unfurtunately my router is an ax89x and merlin does not support it.

i just need the vnetstat which is a very great help because the built in traffic analyzer is not that good.

No. AMTM is a script that runs on Merlin firmware and is not installed from Entware.

I assume you mean 'vnstat' rather than 'vnet stat'. vnstat is installed from Entware not amtm, but it doesn't show you any more information than the traffic analyzer does.

No. AMTM is a script that runs on Merlin firmware and is not installed from Entware.
Thank you, how about vntat with GUI can it be installed through entware?

I assume you mean 'vnstat' rather than 'vnet stat'. vnstat is installed from Entware not amtm, but it doesn't show you any more information than the traffic analyzer does.
yes this is exactly what i meant, but does it have a GUI as the one in the Merlin? its okay as long as i dont need to agree to the Trend Micro crap agreement.

yes this is exactly what i meant, but does it have a GUI as the one in the Merlin? its okay as long as i dont need to agree to the Trend Micro crap agreement.
No it doesn't have a GUI. And you'd still need Entware installed on your router before you could install vnstat.

The daily stats shown by vnstat are the same as those shown by the Traffic Monitor. Traffic Monitor doesn't use Trend Micro.

No it doesn't have a GUI. And you'd still need Entware installed on your router before you could install vnstat.

The daily stats shown by vnstat are the same as those shown by the Traffic Monitor. Traffic Monitor doesn't use Trend Micro.
Yes i dont mind installing entware as long as i get a vnstat gui.

In mine it does if i click disagree it wont enable the traffic monitor.

Yes i dont mind installing entware as long as i get a vnstat gui.
As I said, Entware's vnstat doesn't create the GUI in the router. That's done by a Merlin add-on script called vnstat-on-merlin.

In mine it does if i click disagree it wont enable the traffic monitor.
Works for me and I've never agreed the the Trend Micro thing. I use Merlin but stock firmware should be the same AFAIK (but without the graphs).

Untitled.png
Image taken from the Asus demo site.

As I said, Entware's vnstat doesn't create the GUI in the router. That's done by a Merlin add-on script called vnstat-on-merlin.

How unfortunate i guess im stuck with the asus default one :(

Works for me and I've never agreed the the Trend Micro thing. I use Merlin but stock firmware should be the same AFAIK (but without the graphs).

View attachment 37108
Image taken from the Asus demo site.

Thats odd mine does

Attachments

• asus 1.jpg
    asus 1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 122
That did work. however its only temporary i bet it is stored in RAM and does not survive a reboot.
It is default to store in RAM.

You can go to Tools>Other Settings to set a save location on USB for persistent storage

What's important for users - it doesn't survive reboot on Asuswrt, even on newer RC3 beta versions.

In RC3-1 beta Trend Micro engine Traffic Analyzer with data in /jffs survives (like before), Traffic Monitor with data in RAM doesn't (also like before). I need to get the AX58U running with RC3-2 beta to check if something is different there. I have AC86U and AC1900P on RC3-1. AC1900P has only 10k NVRAM left after fresh start. I don't think this one stores any traffic data in NVRAM.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!