What's new

Is everything ok at ASUS?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

S.claus

Regular Contributor
I just noticed the last signature update was 2023/05/11 (2.352) and the last update was almost a month ago (AX88U). Is everything fine or am I just spoiled with regular updates?

I just noticed the last signature update was 2023/05/11 (2.352) and the last update was almost a month ago (AX88U). Is everything fine or am I just spoiled with regular updates?

Are you talking about the TrendMicro Backdoor security signatures? On many routers historically they have failed to update for several months .

I turned off TrendMicro years ago prior to dumping ASUS products altogether.

Some weeks ago, Asus had a flaw with the signatures. There was a issue that updating the signatures it was stopping Asus routers from working. There was ment to be a fix for the ones that stoped working, but as you say its been a month and nothing new since.

AiProtection Signatures are unrelated to the ASD signatures - two totally different things.

Only a month ago?

My system (XD4) hasn't seen an update for nearly a year (3.0.0.4.386.49599 from July 2022).

Are you talking about the TrendMicro Backdoor security signatures? On many routers historically they have failed to update for several months .

I turned off TrendMicro years ago prior to dumping ASUS products altogether.
If you don't mind me asking, what made you switch away from ASUS products ?

All brands have their buts, I come from a network with Ubiquiti, to date it is one of the best networks I had, by far, but from 1 year until now, they have increased prices disproportionately, and the software (firmware) very stagnant, each update was risky sport, the wifi access point UAP Pro Wifi 6 that I had, was a marvel! brutal, but in the last updates they left it at the level of a router of the ISP of the baddest.

That, the USG did not give for more in a fibre network of 1Gb symmetrical hung continuously, having to restaruar the router several times a month, so I returned to Asus, with its drawbacks, but within the current market...

I was considering not buying a router and installing a pfsense instead, but the independent wifi APs leave a lot to be desired for the cost they have.

I was even thinking of switching to the EdgeRouter range from Ubiquiti, but the only one I was interested in was the EdgeRouter 4, but its price has increased enormously, plus... the wifi AP is a separate AP.