What's new

Is it possible to route all traffic through VPN except gaming data?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

johndoe85

Btw, is it possible to have a VPN client on the router where all traffic passes through this VPN client except for gaming packets?

Btw, is it possible to have a VPN client on the router where all traffic passes through this VPN client except for gaming packets?
Depends...if you can uniquely identify 'gaming packets' content such as:
  • Destination Port
  • Source Port
  • Source IP/MAC
  • Destination IP(s)
then maybe.

Hi,

I'm not using it myself yet but I think it's possible with the VPN director section in Merlin FW.

Depends...if you can uniquely identify 'gaming packets' content such as:
  • Destination Port
  • Source Port
  • Source IP/MAC
  • Destination IP(s)
then maybe.
Ok, sounds like a pain. And way over my head.
Pitty because i would be using VPN all the time if this was an easy setup. :p

If you disclose the Game/Server(s), the necessary info is probably available via a Googlesearch etc., and once identified can be plugged into wireguard_manager

Another option is to use wgmExpo addon and send livin commands to shift your gaming computer to wan while you are playing and then shift back. This could be sent from Apple "Shortcuts" or Android "ssh button". Then shifting is as easy as pressing a Button on your home screen.

https://github.com/ZebMcKayhan/WireguardManager#execute-menu-commands-externally

Edit: or you simply use the app to start/stop wg11, then you dont need wgmExpo addon but it is still convenient tool to filter out colours and such.

Last edited:
If you disclose the Game/Server(s), the necessary info is probably available via a Googlesearch etc., and once identified can be plugged into wireguard_manager
Ok, i will look into that.

A complete list would be really nice. Like a setting in the coming wireguard gui in the next firmware release.
Just to tick a box and all games for PC/PS4-5 etc gets excluded automaticly.
Maybe the list under the tab Open NAT could be used? It has game profiles.

Ok, i will look into that.

A complete list would be really nice. Like a setting in the coming wireguard gui in the next firmware release.
Just to tick a box and all games for PC/PS4-5 etc gets excluded automaticly.
Maybe the list under the tab Open NAT could be used? It has game profiles.
Perhaps can also look into ipset.
@ZebMcKayhan guide covers it too.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!