What's new

Is something wrong with the site?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

^Tripper^

Is something up with the site? Was trying to access it yesterday and couldn't. Checked it with 'downforeveryoneorjistme' and it wasn't just me, site was down. Tried it today and couldn't connect either. Checked it with 'downfor...' and the site was fine, just I couldn't access it. Used my VPN US based server and the site loaded fine. Try without the VPN and it doesn't load.

I'm in Singapore and the site does not load on any of my devices unless I run a vpn.

I do not need to use a VPN to access the site, but the last few days have been hit and miss with getting access to the forums or the main site too, VPN or not.

There is something going on, but a quick search didn't get me any more information either.

This site has all kinds of issues. It regularly crashes my ipad.

SNBForums and SmallNetBuilder have been DDoSed for the past week and taken down daily. So we have taken steps to mitigate further takedowns. Both sites are now behind CloudFlare and country wide blocks are in place for some locations.

If you are having trouble accessing the site, please PM me or email comments@smallnetbuilder.com with details. I'll need your IP address and the CloudFlare error message if you are getting one.

Sorry for the hassle, but such is the nature of the internet these days.

Hello Folks,

I know this is an old thread, but since couple days ago, I'm not able to access my subscribed threads via Tapatalk. I receive the notifications but when I try to access the post, it keeps loading forever. Trying o manually open the SNBFORUMS in Tapatalk points me to a captcha page and once I confirm the captcha I can access the threads. However the SNB login in Tapatalk gives me 'network error'. Acessing it via PC also throws me the captcha page. Is there any security issue going on with Tapatalk and SNBFORUMS ?

Best regards,

Thanks for the report and sorry for the problem. Is anyone else having trouble with Tapatalk?

I made a CloudFlare change. Please let me know if you still are having trouble accessing SNBForums via Tapatalk.

SNBForums and SmallNetBuilder have been DDoSed for the past week and taken down daily.

What I just can't understand is: why? SNBforums isn't political in any way, it's not controversial either, you aren't competing with anyone else that might want you taken down, and those doing it aren't bragging about it for the fame factor... So, I can't figure out any reason why someone would devote time and resources to DDoS this site.

There was an Australian user who told me last night he was unable to access the site outside of a VPN. Now I know why - I'll point him to this thread.

Sometimes it's accidental - had this happen to me once, and it was brutal, took down all of my MTA's (12 of them across two data centers) - details aren't all that important, but let's just say someone was confused a bit, as we were not the intended target...

Amazed if someone is deliberately targeting the site.

Seems fine now, no trouble accessing the site from SG.

On Tapatalk the behavior is the same. Trying to access the notification keeps loading forever, and when I go to the snbforum entry in 'following' section, i get the cloudfare captcha asking to select images with a given characteristic on it. Once i get through it, i get the normal snbforums page. The cloudfare captcha keeps appearing in a random basis and there ins't the snb login option in tapatalk anymore.

Screenshot_20160704-130714.png

Site is still under attack. Security precautions vary by location.

Thanks for the report and sorry for the problem. Is anyone else having trouble with Tapatalk?
It's me. Exactly the same symptoms.
I can add SNB to my followed forums in TT, but I cannot log in, and so cannot access my subscribed threads.
I pass captcha, enter credentials and the captcha is thrown again. Recursion!

I've accessed the forums through Taptalk a number of times these past few weeks and never had any issue. Make sure your Taptalk version is up to date (there's been a few updates lately). This sounds like your IP might be blacklisted by Cloudflare (make sure you aren't going through a VPN for instance).

OK, after plugin update at least I can access login window.

I've accessed the forums through Taptalk a number of times these past few weeks and never had any issue. Make sure your Taptalk version is up to date (there's been a few updates lately). This sounds like your IP might be blacklisted by Cloudflare (make sure you aren't going through a VPN for instance).

How to check if my IP is blacklisted? I tried both with and without VPN (I used US VPN), but anyway I get this.

Attachments

• photo5456620757338662902.jpg
    photo5456620757338662902.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 602