What's new

Is the bandwidth limiter working with any firmwares? including Merlins?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fearz

I’ve been trying to use Bandwidth limiter since Adaptive QOS is NOT working as supposed to whether with FreshQOS installed or not...

But Bandwidth limiter won’t work also!

I set a limit to a device and it just wont take effect!

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes !

Not sure which model or fw you are using, but I've been using it on rt-ac88, gt-ac5300 and rt-ax88 with newest stock and Merlins.

I stumbled over this "fair share" setup using limiters years ago, and I have never looked back after that. It's easy and works wonder, gets the most out of your line at the same time as it ensure everybody gets a fair share if needed. In my opinion, look no further...

1. Make sure hardware acceleration is off.
2. Let's say your routers lan ip is 192.168.1.1. Then type in 192.168.1.0/24 as the target, then your lines download and upload speed minus a little bit, and then voila...

Asus says you can choose between these three formats: 192.168.1.2-100 , 192.168.1.* or 192.168.1.0/24
I have experienced the last couple of years that I have to use one of the other format to get it working again after fw upgrades, but one of them works. I have just switched between 1.* and .0/24 notation.

You're maybe right that limit one client doesn't work, because I've not bothered trying it. The solution over handles everything… Best of luck

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1013333

Last edited:
Yes +1 The bandwidth limiter works very well. I have 23 individual device limits and it works flawlessly. I too was having issues with other types of QOS. My traffic is mainly VPN based. It seems that adaptive QOS of any flavor doesn't do the job that limiter does. :D