Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Is the GUI that toast?

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Mathieu, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Mathieu

Mathieu Occasional Visitor

Hi all
    I have recently upgraded to 380.68_2 (will update my signature), essentially because of the warning on the web gui which I got running my previous mod.
    On release notes and comments, RMerlin made it clear that flushing web cache was paramount.
    That said, and having religiously complied with executing the perfunctory cleansing ( on a number of mainstream browsers, though I mostly use Safari), time and again I have come up with what I think were stale or default settings, still valid to the router, but not showing on the gui.
    Main issues so far on the Openvpn client and the DHCP static IP assignment pages.

To the point: is the stale gui issue that bad? Or is it most likely me not being able to properly clean a web cache? Is anybody experiencing similar problem? Anyone got a - albeit temporary- fix?
    Mil gracias...

2. RMerlin

RMerlin Part of the Furniture

The only thing that is actively cached are images and CSS files. These were changed in 380.68, hence the need for a cache flush. Everything else is dynamically generated.

Make sure you're not running out of free nvram (check the Sysinfo page). Also try a different browser, Safari simply blows in general, especially with Asuswrt's webui.

3. Mathieu

4. Mathieu

Thank you.
    I see NVRAM usage at c80%, so that may be the reason. I'll go figure ways to reduce that amount.