What's new

Is the GUI that toast?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mathieu

Regular Contributor
Hi all
I have recently upgraded to 380.68_2 (will update my signature), essentially because of the warning on the web gui which I got running my previous mod.
On release notes and comments, RMerlin made it clear that flushing web cache was paramount.
That said, and having religiously complied with executing the perfunctory cleansing ( on a number of mainstream browsers, though I mostly use Safari), time and again I have come up with what I think were stale or default settings, still valid to the router, but not showing on the gui.
Main issues so far on the Openvpn client and the DHCP static IP assignment pages.

To the point: is the stale gui issue that bad? Or is it most likely me not being able to properly clean a web cache? Is anybody experiencing similar problem? Anyone got a - albeit temporary- fix?
Mil gracias...

The only thing that is actively cached are images and CSS files. These were changed in 380.68, hence the need for a cache flush. Everything else is dynamically generated.

Make sure you're not running out of free nvram (check the Sysinfo page). Also try a different browser, Safari simply blows in general, especially with Asuswrt's webui.

Hi all
I have recently upgraded to 380.68_2 (will update my signature), essentially because of the warning on the web gui which I got running my previous mod.
On release notes and comments, RMerlin made it clear that flushing web cache was paramount.
That said, and having religiously complied with executing the perfunctory cleansing ( on a number of mainstream browsers, though I mostly use Safari), time and again I have come up with what I think were stale or default settings, still valid to the router, but not showing on the gui.
Main issues so far on the Openvpn client and the DHCP static IP assignment pages.

To the point: is the stale gui issue that bad? Or is it most likely me not being able to properly clean a web cache? Is anybody experiencing similar problem? Anyone got a - albeit temporary- fix?
Mil gracias...

Thank you.
I see NVRAM usage at c80%, so that may be the reason. I'll go figure ways to reduce that amount.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!