What's new

is thefe an advantage of a power line adapter over an extender

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

davekstl

Regular Contributor
I was told, not here that either of these reduces bandwidth. I have a asus mess system running g good on the main floor. But as I need to extend the reach to the garage through cinder blocks, and extend into a 3000 basement, i am trying to use want i own. I have both extenders and adaptors.
I would appreciate some thoughts on an approach. I can have wire pulled, but pricey.
Thanks
Dave

No one here can tell you what will work best for you because it depends entirely on your specific environment (e.g. mains wiring, wall thickness, distance, etc.).

As you already have both extenders and adaptors I suggest that you just try it for yourself and compare the results.

I was told, not here that either of these reduces bandwidth. I have a asus mess system running g good on the main floor. But as I need to extend the reach to the garage through cinder blocks, and extend into a 3000 basement, i am trying to use want i own. I have both extenders and adaptors.
I would appreciate some thoughts on an approach. I can have wire pulled, but pricey.
Thanks
Dave

If extender means a non-AiMesh WiFi link inserted into an AiMesh network, I'd avoid that... and likely difficult to troubleshoot.

If the powerline link works reliably with a normal wired client, like a PC, you could try it as an AiMesh wired backhaul.

OE

Do it right. Get the Ethernet cable where it needs to be.

Once you have an option for wired, anything else is a huge compromise and your network performance is at the whim of neighboring WiFi equipment, and other (invisible) non-WiFi interference and powerline fluctuations/changes.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!