What's new

Is there a more detailed list for all of the DHCP clients?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AltF4

Occasional Visitor
I miss my screen in my E2500 router where I could view all DHCP Clients where it would provide the following:

Client Name, Interface (LAN or Wifi), IP, MAC, Expiration, [Delete]

Currently this router only lists:
- A device icon (which tends to be in accurate)
- Client Name OR MAC (if client name is unknown)
- Its IP address

I would prefer to have all of the above displayed (even if its not on the home screen, but maybe under the DHCP screen, or Logs, or something). Plus I would like the OUI lookup based on the MAC (so we dont have to click every one, and can see a simple overview like: Hawking Tech, Apple, ASRock, etc)

I would prefer a bit more information as well as a few actions:
- Always show the IP address, and have it be clickable like in DD-WRT
- Maybe: An option to rename the client
- A delete button to remove the client from the DHCP list
- Maybe: more accurate icons (like in reference to what some simple applications that can scan networks on iPhones do. Ex: iNet, Fing, Subnet Insight

Hope that is not asking too much. These are just suggestions on how to make this router even better :)

A lot of this, including OUI lookup, is already there. Just click on the Clients icon on the main page.

A lot of this, including OUI lookup, is already there. Just click on the Clients icon on the main page.

Thanks for your help.
Are you sure that clicking the client icon will bring anything help? It does not appear to do it for me. I would be curious of a column just with OUI lookups for the client though, maybe as a future thing to add, just for simplicity of an overview.

Thanks for your help.
Are you sure that clicking the client icon will bring anything help? It does not appear to do it for me....

Neither for me.

Not sure where you guys are trying to click. The Networkmap is coming up just fine.

Any unresolved name will show a MAC, on which you can click to generate a OUI lookup.

Hovering over a resolved item will show the MAC, and any additional info the router might be able to also provide.

Attachments

• clients.png
    clients.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 940
Trying to click the client's icon there like you said :p
(I see now what you meant though, bc you actually said "Clients" not "a client's...")

Honestly the OUI lookup shows more info than the router.
I would rather always see a the Mac and its associated OUI side by side.

Icons are great, but only useful if they were a little more defined for the OUI results (like what Subnet Insight shows on an iDevice)

I might eventually expand on Asus's Networkmap (I only added the OUI lookup so far), but that currently is a lower priority for me. I want to avoid slowing down the network map even further, and overcrowding it with esoteric information that would confuse a regular home user.

I might eventually expand on Asus's Networkmap (I only added the OUI lookup so far), but that currently is a lower priority for me. I want to avoid slowing down the network map even further, and overcrowding it with esoteric information that would confuse a regular home user.

Far enough, and look forward to it.
But certainly I don't think this view of information is esoteric. Quite the contrary IMHO:
Plus, I don't think regular home users buy $200 routers and flash them with custom firmwares. Just saying :p

BTW, do you have a place for donations?

Subnet Insight screenshot on the iPhone:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 669
Last edited:
Far enough, and look forward to it.
But certainly I don't think this view of information is esoteric. Quite the contrary IMHO:
Plus, I don't think regular home users buy $200 routers and flash them with custom firmwares. Just saying :p

Note that my firmware targets more home users than network engineers however :) I leave the more advanced features to Tomato and DD-WRT, and try to focus rather on tweaking, bugfixing, and features that can be useful to a regular home user. I implemented the various custom scripts and config hooks as ways for people willing to go further to do it themselves, in combination to Entware.

BTW, do you have a place for donations?

There's a Paypal link on my personal website (http://www.lostrealm.ca/), on the left side.

Note that my firmware targets more home users than network engineers however :) I leave the more advanced features to Tomato and DD-WRT, and try to focus rather on tweaking, bugfixing, and features that can be useful to a regular home user. I implemented the various custom scripts and config hooks as ways for people willing to go further to do it themselves, in combination to Entware.

There's a Paypal link on my personal website (http://www.lostrealm.ca/), on the left side.

I'm no network engineering :p. Just a .NET developer whom likes and hates networking :p

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!