What's new

Isolate VPN client machines?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

John Wentworth

Occasional Visitor
I have a openvpn client configured and I enable devices using policy based routing. Is it possible too isolate those machines from the rest of my lan, so they don't see the machines not connected to the VPN?

No, unless they are on wifi, in which case you could use a Guest Network, and set it to disable Intranet access to connected clients.

As Merlin explained guest networks work for WiFi clients only but by using an inexpensive smart switch you can easily setup VLANs which depending on your network topology might accomplish what you want.

Thanks so much guys, it's a smart TV connected via WiFi. I already have a guest Network setup like that for random people in my home. Never occurred to me, such a simple solution.

And thanks RMerlin for the awesome firmware I've been using it since I got my ac68u. It's Rick solid and has great extra features. I really appreciate the hard work you do.