What's new

Isolated AP - allow IP address

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bagetak

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I want to have my router in AP isolated mode but then my devices can't communicate with my DNS server. I have an external dns server on my network. I don't want to use the router itself as upstream dns server. Can I allow ip addresses to be accsesible trought some script?

Hi, I want to have my router in AP isolated mode but then my devices can't communicate with my DNS server. I have an external dns server on my network. I don't want to use the router itself as upstream dns server. Can I allow ip addresses to be accsesible trought some script?

Isolated AP should only prevent wireless clients from talking to each other. Assuming your DNS server is wired you probably just need to check the firewall rules (ebtables and iptables) and see if Asus is adding something to block access to wired too. Are you using guest network with intranet access disabled?

When I am connect to WiFi AP isolated Wifi I can't communicate with anything. DNS server is wired. I am using main wifi settings Wireless->Professional->Set AP Isolated

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!