What's new

ISP video on demand issue with AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rcaba29

New Around Here
I’m new to the forum and hopefully someone can assist with an issue I’m observing when watching video On Demand from my ISP (Verizon Fios). I have an AC86U connected directly to the ONT via WAN. I also have a MOCA connected to the AC86U via LAN which feeds the main cable box (VMS) for internet needed for the ON Demand content. I also have three mini cable boxes (IPC) to three TV’s. The IPC’s need to be connected to the VMS because that’s where it receives its feed (Live channels and ON Demand) via IP. The IPC’s are connected to the VMS via ethernet (2-IPC) and coaxial (1-IPC).

The issue I’m experiencing is when watching video on demand content on the IPC’s I get video stuttering and if I perform a data session via a PC like running a speed test, I also get severe pixelization. The weird thing is that it only occurs on the IPC’s and not the VMS which feeds the IPC’s via IP thru the AC86U. The live channel feed on the IPC’s is also via IP but is not affected. I have a total of 25 connected devices on my network (via ethernet + Wi-Fi) so I disconnected all. I connected each IPC independently to the VMS and the issue is still present.

MY AC86U WAN and LAN configuration are all at default and I have QOS and Air Protection disabled. The only feature I enabled was Samba for the USB drive connected on the router. Is there a configuration I’m missing or overlooking on the AC86U that can be causing this anomaly?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!