What's new

ISP's DHCP did not function properly (AC66_B1, Virgin Media UK)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NX3

Occasional Visitor
I'm currently stuck with this message for 24 hours +. I got this on my old AC56U previously but easily cleared with a 10 minute power down. My settings are as below from searching this forum for advice but still stuck, if anyone has any further ideas how to fix?

WAN Settings
No MAC Clone
DHCP query frequency" -> "Normal
Extend the TTL value -> Yes
Spoof LAN TTL value-> "Yes
Enable the DHCP server-> "No

Administration > System > Basic Config > Network Monitoring
Network Monitor Ping = Off
Network Monitoring DNS = Off

Rebooted many times, powered off many times including over night so 10+ hours off. Tried disable WAN a few times as per other threads mentioned on here. Toggled DHCP from Normal to aggressive a few times. If I reset my cable modem to be a router I connect ok via laptop, I did reset to check and then switched back to modem only mode. The only other thing to note is I run Pi Hole for DNS, I turned off for now just ensure that's not in some way causing the issue.

Last edited:
I'm currently stuck with this message for 24 hours +. I got this on my old AC56U previously but easily cleared with a 10 minute power down. My settings are as below from searching this forum for advice but still stuck, if anyone has any further ideas how to fix?

WAN Settings
No MAC Clone

Rebooted many times, powered off many times including over night so 10+ hours off. Tried disable WAN a few times as per other threads mentioned on here. Toggled DHCP from Normal to aggressive a few times. If I reset my cable modem to be a router I connect ok via laptop, I did reset to check and then switched back to modem only mode. The only other thing to note is I run Pi Hole for DNS, I turned off for now just ensure that's not in some way causing the issue.
You shouldn't need to mess with TTLs on Virgin

Reactions: NX3

WAN Settings
No MAC Clone

Have you selected "Connect To DNS Automatically" usually it happens to me and i have to set it to that.

Reactions: NX3
It's working now, only thing I've changed are the TTL settings. Hopefully resolved though, thanks.

Glad to hear you've solved your problem but I'm curious how your clients get their IP addresses if you don't have any DHCP servers enabled.
i mean, dhcp isn't a strict requirement. you can statically address all of your clients ;-)

Glad to hear you've solved your problem but I'm curious how your clients get their IP addresses if you don't have any DHCP servers enabled.
Sorry I wasn't clear, the router is the DHCP server and while Pi Hole has that service as well but I have it disabled on Pi Hole so not to clash. More than happy with the router handling it.

Thanks for responces :)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!