What's new

ISP's dhcp did not function properly

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jojo_Madman

New Around Here
Hello,
I've search and read every thread on this issue I can, and haven't seen an answer that resolves my issue ... been lurking a while but just signed up to post.

Recently working at switching cable ISP from TekSavvy to Carrytel

Using Asus AC66U with latest Merlin, connected to cable ISP via Hitron CDA cable modem, rock solid connection and have gone months without disconnect.

Using the same Asus AC66U with new ISP purchased Thomson/Technicolor TC4350 Modem, I can't seem to go even 24 hours without disconnects and sometime stays out using I power cycle both ... when logged into router, I see message "ISP DHCP did not function properly" ... I litterally power down and connect the Hitron CDA3 (I have both ISP currently still live) and run without an issue.

I ran into this same issue back in February when I tried to switch to Fido as an ISP, but thought at the time their supplied combo modem/router just didn't like running in bridge mode ...

At this point from what I have read, I'm also ready to ditch the ASUS altogether ... but I love the features.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Hello,
I've search and read every thread on this issue I can, and haven't seen an answer that resolves my issue ... been lurking a while but just signed up to post.

Recently working at switching cable ISP from TekSavvy to Carrytel

Using Asus AC66U with latest Merlin, connected to cable ISP via Hitron CDA cable modem, rock solid connection and have gone months without disconnect.

Using the same Asus AC66U with new ISP purchased Thomson/Technicolor TC4350 Modem, I can't seem to go even 24 hours without disconnects and sometime stays out using I power cycle both ... when logged into router, I see message "ISP DHCP did not function properly" ... I litterally power down and connect the Hitron CDA3 (I have both ISP currently still live) and run without an issue.

I ran into this same issue back in February when I tried to switch to Fido as an ISP, but thought at the time their supplied combo modem/router just didn't like running in bridge mode ...

At this point from what I have read, I'm also ready to ditch the ASUS altogether ... but I love the features.

Thoughts/Suggestions?
did you mac clone the combo unit, i had that error ony 88u it took for ever to authenticate, turns out that when i used the mac adrees of my isp unit in the mac clone feild of my router magic my internet worked and so did my voip ata.

did you mac clone the combo unit, i had that error ony 88u it took for ever to authenticate, turns out that when i used the mac adrees of my isp unit in the mac clone feild of my router magic my internet worked and so did my voip ata.

No I have not MAC clone anything so far, as I haven't had to up till now ... my VOIP ATA has always worked regardless of ISP as long as my router stayed online connected.

It's almost as if the router is "paired" somehow to my long time ISP I am trying to switch from ... if that makes any sense ... I'm considering possibly trying to wipe or revert back to factory default settings some have discussed.

factory reset might help, id try mac clone first just incase, i know my isp is a pia, so i have to use the mac clone.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!