What's new

[Issue] DHCP not assigning IP + syslog flooded

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sentinelvdx

Very Senior Member
Hi,

This morning when the router did the scheduled reboot I've noticed all my deviced got disconnected...
When troubleshooting noticed DHCP was not assigning IP, plus this was flooding my syslog

Code:
Nov 24 10:47:22 dnsmasq[17021]: cannot open log /opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log: No such file or directory
Nov 24 10:47:22 dnsmasq[17021]: FAILED to start up

Plus this after manual reboot
Code:
May  5 02:05:03 kernel: pflash: found no supported devices
May  5 02:05:03 kernel: bcmsflash: found no supported devices
May  5 02:05:06 acsd: selected channel spec: 0x1002 (2)
May  5 02:05:06 acsd: Adjusted channel spec: 0x1002 (2)
May  5 02:05:06 acsd: selected channel spec: 0x1002 (2)
May  5 02:05:07 acsd: selected channel spec: 0xe29b (157/80)
May  5 02:05:07 acsd: Adjusted channel spec: 0xe29b (157/80)
May  5 02:05:07 acsd: selected channel spec: 0xe29b (157/80)
May  5 02:05:11 Mastiff: init
May  5 02:05:16 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: Failed to enable MSI-X
May  5 02:05:16 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: failed to allocate MSI entry
May  5 02:05:17 kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through
Nov 24 11:46:32 kernel: EXT2-fs (sda1): error: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (240)
Nov 24 11:46:32 kernel: EXT3-fs (sda1): error: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (240)

I don't know why this happened if it was scheduled reboot and before there were no issues at all.
Any help to resolve it without hard reset adn reconfiguring all again?

FYI, running 384.13

Sent from S.G. S9 Plus Duos using Tapatalk

Looks like your USB drive isn't mounting. Check in the router's GUI to see if it thinks it is. Have you made any changes to the USB drive recently (e.g. reformatted it)?

Looks like your USB drive isn't mounting. Check in the router's GUI to see if it thinks it is. Have you made any changes to the USB drive recently (e.g. reformatted it)?
Nope... nothing...
And router was rebooting as scheduled every sunday morning without issues.
Also usb drive was running diversion/skynet without issues
Not sure what happened this time... maybe reboot didn't unmount usb drive correctly [emoji2369]

So you're confirming that problem is that the USB drive isn't mounted?
USB was mounted, but seems reboot process didn't unmount it correctly causing a mess.
I had to format USB drive, mount it again and reinstall amtm/diversion/skynet... not sure why reboot this time didn't work as expected, even causing DHCP to stop assigning IP's, when it worked the previous times

USB was mounted, but seems reboot process didn't unmount it correctly causing a mess.
I had to format USB drive, mount it again and reinstall amtm/diversion/skynet... not sure why reboot this time didn't work as expected, even causing DHCP to stop assigning IP's, when it worked the previous times
The DHCP problem is easy to explain; dnsmasq didn't start and it's dnsmasq to provides DHCP. Because of all your Entware-dependent add-on scripts, Entware (or the USB device it's installed on) has become a single point of failure.

As to why your USB device keeps getting corrupted - I don't know. But this is a problem that you've been reporting for some time so it's not something that's new.