What's new

[Issue RT-AC66U] Xbox One Wired Network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jfreemanak

New Around Here
I have an odd issue with the official firmware (and Merlin) with my RT-AC66U router that I can not find out. When I have my Xbox One wired to the router (Cat6), every 30-60 minutes, the router will reset. As soon as I unplug the cable, the Xbox One connects via wifi, and the router is stable, and run for weeks. As soon as I plug it back in, the router begins resetting.

For curiosity, I installed Tomato and DD-WRT on the router to see if the same things happens. When either of those firmwares are installed, the router is stable with the Xbox One wired. So, it must be an ASUS firmware issue.

I want to keep the ASUS firmware, as I link the features and the free DDNS service provided by ASUS (along with the apps for my android).

Does anyone have an idea what could be happening? I have tried my different things (such as port forwarding for the Xbox One), but nothing helps.

Cheers,

Jared

Disable NAT acceleration under LAN -> Switch Control.

Thank you for the suggestion Merlin. I tried disabling NAT, but the router will still reset when the Xbox is plugged in. I am at a loss for what is going on. I would be most willing to donate to your cause for additional help. It is frustrating not being able to use ethernet. I have a 500mbps internet connect, and would like to be able to fully use the bandwidth.

Jared

Do you let the router assign the IP address to the Xbox one or do you set the IP manually?

If DHCP (router assign), try setting the address manually. Had many issues with Xbox 360 using Asus firmware until I did that. Don't know if it will help but worth a try. Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried manually set the IP address, but the router will still reset. This is such an odd issue. I feel absolutely defeated. I guess I will have to live with wireless, even though they are 2 feet apart...

Jared

Xbox One places a pretty heavy demand on the router. I suspect the router's getting overloaded. Does it reset if you turn off SPI on the firewall? (Please note that this is a major part of what makes the firewall a firewall, but it will take most of the load off the CPU).

I have and xbox one wired and for that matter lots more consoles inc ps4
i have no issue with the router rebooting try an nvram clear

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!